Boy do we love it here. So far, in our 24 hours on the ground we’ve:
- Befriended the Myanmar women’s basketball team.
- Lost $100 while being pressured by a pot-bellied Malaysian money changer in a white undershirt. Then, five frantic minutes later, we had that $100 returned to us.
- Enjoyed a few quiet moments with a 72-year old nun (and also a mother of five) at Shwedagon Pagoda. Shwedagon is as close as heaven gets to earth.
- Toyed with starting a fair trade lacquerware business.
- Met Emma Thompson. Apparently she thinks I’m ‘fabulous’. CeCe got an affectionate hug.
- Broke our camera in the one of the word’s most stunningly beautiful counties. Myanmar is also one of the few countries without a licensed Canon repair shop. But, the English-born photographer trailing Ms. Thompson knew everything there is to know about cameras in Yangon. Thanks Chris! In lieu of photos from us, here is his website: www.christopherdavy.com
How was your weekend?